Established in 1952, Bierens Debt Recovery Lawyers is the leading law
firm specialising in national and international B2B debt collection. We
employ 115+ debt collection specialists who solve cases from payment
disputes to complex legal matters across 35 countries.
The consequences can be huge for companies if a client does not pay.
Not only can this lead to a loss of income or cash flow, in some cases, it
can stagnate growth, lead to employee resignation or withhold the ability
to hire new personnel. That is why our mission is to serve justice for all
companies that have worked hard for their well-earned money. Our
mission goes beyond our debt collection services, as we embrace
multiple initiatives to improve payment behaviour between companies.
What will you do as an international legal talent?
Bierens is an international law firm specialized in B2B debt collection,
international contracting, insolvency and national and international
disputes. As an international legal trainee, you will be teamed up with
one of our more experienced lawyers. As a mentor, he will guide you
during your employment at Bierens. You will become fully part of our
international legal team from day one.
You will be involved in the following activities:
• Maintaining frequent contact with debtors, clients, and other caserelated
contacts concerning new and current cases;
• Evaluate and advise our clients about their debt recovery files;
• Support and facilitate our lawyers within the international legal team;
• Performing case-related desk research.
During all these activities, your creative ideas and thoughts to improve
our method of working and the quality are very much appreciated.
Who are you?
• You are currently in your last year of your law-related bachelor/
master or a young professional;
• You are available for 40 hours or in terms of a traineeship at least 5
• You are a multilingual talent who, next to an excellent command of the
English language, speaks a large variety of languages on a (near-) native
• You are interested and have experience (preferable) in the fields in
which Bierens’ is specialized;
• You have a hands-on mentality, ready to be part of an international
Why should you choose Bierens?
• You will be working in a dynamic, ambitious and informal
• You will be working with a young and enthusiastic team (check our
website for the first impression);
• We like challenging you, therefore we appreciate creativity, initiative
and new ideas;
• You will work with interesting clients from all over Europe;
• We regularly organize fun activities for the office.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
EUR 1995.00 - 2300.00 per month
Accommodation, Public transportation
Commercial Law - Advanced
Competition and Economic Law - Advanced
Contract Law - Advanced
Financial Law - Advanced
Private International Law - Advanced
Norwegian - Fluent
Polish - Fluent
Italian - Fluent
You need to be eligible to work in The Netherlands.
We are on a mission to build a European network of international legal
professionals in our office in Amsterdam. For this ELSA Traineeships
cycle, we are focused on attracting and recruiting young professionals
on workbasis or traineeship basis.